At Foresight Bank, we encourage our customers to make safe choices to avoid identity theft.
ID Theft Prevention Checklist:
- Check your credit report annually
- Review your bills and statements on a regular basis
- Guard your mail and trash from theft
- Use caution when giving out personal information
- Copy the contents of your wallet or purse
- Report lost or stolen checks or credit cards immediately
If you believe you're a victim of identity theft:
Contact the fraud departments of the three major credit bureaus:
- Notify your financial institution
- Inform your credit issuers
- File a police report with your local law enforcement
For additional information and advice, call the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Identity Theft Hotline toll-free at 1-877-IDTHEFT (438-4338) or visit their ID Theft Website at www.ftc.gov/idtheft/.